It is longer time from my last post. At last part I wrote about Entrecard as possible source of traffic for your blog. For better traffic it is also important to have backlinks on your pages. Only web with existing backlinks is visible on internet and has some value for search engines. Usually backlinks are more important to mark your page as valuable source, than good source for traffic.
There is more possibilities to gain some backlinks for your pages. I will show you more ways, how to gain them. In this part I will show you the basic one. I will show you how to submit your blog to various directories. It is not easy to promote your blog. Submission to directories is very time consuming process. There are many important questions, before you start to submit your blog. I will try to define them and answer on them.
- When to start to submit my blog? Answer on this question is simple. You need to have some content before submitting your blog. Owners of directories usually approve only submissions with some valuable content.
- In how many directories I need to submit my blog? Simply said more is better. It is good to submit your blog to directories permanently.
- Where to find directories? You can find them of course on my pages. Go to my SEO directories list. There you can find thousands of them.
- How to choose right ones? There are more opinions on this question. It is good to choose directories with high Google page rank of course. But many directories has high page rank only because they were created on strong domains. These domains usually drop down in short time. Sometimes it is better to choose new directories, because they usually grow faster and you will be approved sooner. There are of course very strong old directories. I recommend you order my list by Website Force. It is my own complex rank for pages.
- How to automate submissions? As I said above, submission is very time consuming process. You can do it yourself, or you can choose from thousands of submission services. Many of them offer you submission to thousands directories for very good prices. But usually quality of these services is very poor. These submitters usually use some software to automate this process. The software can submit your blog to many directories but with low success rate. Owners of directories hate these SPAM submitters and usually decline such submissions. I can offer you truly manual submission service for affordable price, but here is not place for ads. You can also try to submit your blog yourself using some software. You can do it with better success rate. The best way is of course manual submission. You can do it with help of online tools and add-ons for Firefox. How to do it I will show you in the next paragraph.
- What are important data for submissions? When you are submitting data to directories, you need to enter data to submission forms. Some from them are very important, and they must to be chosen very wisely. Especially anchor text (Title in forms). Anchor link content have to be keyword for which do you want to be visible in search engines. It is rule not to use the same anchor text for all submissions, but vary it with more keywords. Also description can be important. Sometimes you need to enter keywords in submission form. These keywords help you find your page in directory itself.
At next parts of these series I will show you, how to prepare your submission data, how to install add-ons, that will help you with your effort, and how to submit your blog or web to directories.
Used terms and abbreviations
are incoming links to a website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (though other measures, such as PageRank, are likely to be more important). Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page.
are installable enhancements to the Mozilla Foundation’s projects (and compatible variants such as Portable Firefox). Add-ons allow the user to add or augment application features, use themes to his or her liking, and handle new types of content.
The anchor text
or link label is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. The words contained in the Anchor text can determine the ranking that the page will receive by search engines.